Wednesday, July 6, 2011

remembering to be thankful

sometimes we all need a little reminder on being thankful.grateful.appreciative of the goodness we are surrounded by everyday. i think a special little reminder came to me yesterday morning. i was running late- spilling coffee as i kissed leo goodbye and ran out the door... to find that my car wouldn't start. after some trouble-shooting with my dad over the phone, we got it started (yahoo!) and i made my way to a mechanic to get the problem fixed. this was after, of course, a good amount of crying (i am a bit of a wimp when it comes to car troubles).

i can't tell you how this seemingly tiny incident has changed my point of view on the small things in life i often take for granted! how fortunate i am feeling to have a car that gets me where i need to go. a roof over my head. food to eat! and of course many many other blessings to count as well. for me, it is so easy to feel bogged down with the daily grind, the to-do lists, the endless housework, that being thankful every single day sometimes is forgotten.

in the lyrics of my favorite song by one republic:
please tell me, what there is to complain about? <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment