Monday, October 8, 2012

nothing better.

this is a portrait of bliss.

i seriously can't remember feeling this happy in a long while. 
perhaps it was the long hike to the top of the mountain. perhaps it was the sunshine, or the crisp breeze, or the dear friends that accompanied me. 

it was the most carefree of days. a spectacular view from the top. the lake below, and more mountains. surrounded by the quiet.
laying barefoot in the grass.
well, i'm pretty sure i was the only one barefoot.


we made plans to visit again soon. 
one of the most peaceful places on earth. <3

oh! and on the way down, i collected pine cones for my latest crafty project. can't wait to show you!

xxo
 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Beautiful destination. I wish I could lay in the grass in t-shirt, but I am also really digging the autumn air :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily - you are so sweet! Isn't the autumn air the BEST? This morning in Oregon it is raining (finally) - people think I'm crazy but I am IN LOVE with it. The air smells so fresh and clean!
      Hope you have the happiest Monday.
      xxo

      Delete