Wednesday, February 6, 2013

i have a confession.

is it just me, or is anyone else out there horrible at keeping photos organized?
what a vicious cycle. they aren't organized (+ i'm too overwhelmed to know where to begin) so i leave them in their haphazard state, and i leave them in their haphazard state because they aren't organized. at some point, this has got to stop.

 i just spent close to three hours this evening organizing, deleting, + cleaning my files..and i just barely skimmed the tip of the iceberg. (notice how i decide to undertake this huge project the moment i have looming art deadlines. escapist?;)) anyway. i found these photos from a few weekends back. i'm just starting to learn the ins and outs of my beautiful new camera, so this was just for fun. but i LOVE how they turned out. and, not one of them is edited!

Untitled

Untitled
it is a lot of trial and error lately. which used to drive me NUTS, but i'm beginning to accept the beauty of the struggle + the amazing feeling after you figure something out for yourself. some of the pictures are a little blurry. (but now i know what i was doing wrong because of this day, hooray!).

Untitled
these are antlers the hubby found in the woods a few years ago. next to my beloved vintage book collection. i love the colors, + the names of these babies. eeek!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
oh! speaking of collections - i also have a cake stand collection. it all began with our wedding. mom and i scoured every thrift shop in town for enough to hold goodies on our dessert buffet (yes, we LOVE dessert! especially autumn desserts. pumpkin roll? yes please.). i like using them now in less expected places. like here! for my perfume bottles.
my favorite scent, (in case you were wondering) happens to be 'reaction' by kenneth cole. heavenly. 

Untitled

but seriously friends, please tell me! what is your secret for keeping your photos organized? this girl could use a little help. :)
xxo

2 comments:

  1. Your house is adorable. It makes me want to come over and watch Gilmore Girls and dream up traveling adventures! I hope you are well! Also I am loving your cake platter idea... I am definitely going to try that on my dresser! Lastly... I have only worn reaction for like 6 years now! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we soul sisters?! I love that perfume:).
      I can't wait to see what you create! (and where you use your cake stands!)
      Stop by anytime - I'd love that so much. :)
      Hope California is treating you well my dear girl.
      Love to you!
      xxo

      Delete