Wednesday, May 21, 2014

love notes

There's a kitty sleeping on my lap, and outside this window
sunlight filters through trees and wildflowers dance with the wind.

When I start to feel impatient/frustrated/ready to give up, I like to come here and make a list of all I'm thankful for.

Yesterday was one of those difficult days.
I sat here awhile and wrote:

lunch outside on the deck
birdies chirping
cool breeze
the smell of lavender
bright flowers
quiet
ice cold lemonade
three free days
....
by this time my heart was feeling lighter, but I kept going.
There really is so much to be thankful for.



It just so happens, it gets even better!
Waiting in the mailbox was a bright + beautiful love note from a dear friend.
(Which quickly made it to the top of my thankful list for the day - thank you, Erica!).

I was reminded the power of a note in the mail, and how it can cheer, encourage, uplift, and inspire those we care about.

So today, I sit here in this space, writing love notes. 

I challenge you to send out a note to someone you've been thinking about this week!
Only good will come from it <3.
xo



3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Great post; I am having one of those difficult days but I do have so much to be thankful for...thank you for the reminder love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why its saying "unknown" but this is meghan buchanan :)

      Delete
  2. I will send a handmade note or two tonight. It's a GREAT idea!
    Have a good week ( ;

    ReplyDelete