Monday, January 25, 2016

my heart resides on the outside

It seems as though I've only just blinked my eyes - yet here we are, nine months (to the day!) since my last blog post. The day before our sweet son was born. I used to hear parents exclaim that somehow, after children, life accelerates. Time flies. Days are long, and years are short. Yes, yes, and yes! Oh, how i get this now. It's so beautiful + heartbreaking (the fast-ness).

My heart has missed documenting and savoring and sharing here, and it seems only fitting that today be the day that I jump back in with both feet! If you've been following me over on instagram, you've caught glimpses of life these past few months: adventures to the beach, walks in the woods, stolen moments for creativity, and lots of photos of my heart (aka baby boy Sawyer):
  So much love to you, dear friends. I've missed you!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful. (full of wonder!) Delightful (full of delight). Looking for breaks! Best time of life EVER but S L O W D O W N! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you from Alisa Burke's blog! LOVE your little creative space here :) Looking forward to keeping up with your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I also dropped in from alisa's, so great to see your beautiful work (both baby AND art). I also had a baby last year, on May 1st, and I totally understand how it can feel like most of a year is swallowed up and thinking "where did that go?" It is huge to shift from just being yourself to being a mama, it took me years to adjust after having my first child, who is now 3. This time I have been able to do some journaling, some stitching, some doodling and had one large ongoing painting on the wall for playing with paint pens on...it's still not finished after 6 months. But it feels so good to make art, and so fun to share it too! Enjoy your lovely boy and creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through Alisa's. You have a very colorful, happy blog. Also your baby is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through Alisa's. You have a very colorful, happy blog. Also your baby is really cute!

    ReplyDelete